Hull United AFC – Hull's only community owned football club

Hull United 100 % Fan Owned

"Your club, your voice, your choice"

One vote on all matters that require a vote

The opportunity to become a director

Unique membership number and certificate

One share (no liability)

View all our accounts online

Longhill Ravens V Hull United Development

Hull United met division 3 side Longhill Ravens im a tight game at Hilltop with both teams fighting for a place in the Junior Cup Final.

It was United who started the game quickest with a succession of corners, the goal came from a right hand corner on the 6th minute, James Hall whipping the ball to the back post for Joe Ward to tap home unopposed! 0-2 1 United. Hull continued to apply pressure through the first quarter but a quick counter attack from Ravens forced United’s keeper, Jonny Alsop into making a fine save ensuring the game remained in United’s favour. United doubled their lead on the 39th minute when a long kick from United keeper caused confusion between the Ravens keeper and defender only for the ball to bobble to Paul Goldie who slide home the ball for 2 yards out, 0-2 Hull. HT Longhill 0-2 Hull United.

A few changes for the Ravens and a change of formation changed the dynamics of the game. United was pinned back for the majority of the second half, unable to push up the pitch. United defended resiliently for the majority of the half, until the the 75th minute, a long ball into the box, bouncing off a Hull defender for the Ravens forward to wrong foot the Hull keeper, placing the ball into the far corner. The final 15 minutes was a display of a hard work and resilience from the United team, very few clear chances for Longhill, ensured that United progressed to the final. 1-2 FT.

A hard fought game by both teams which would have been a good display for the neutral to watch. Hull progress to the final which is played in Bridlington on the Saturday 14th May 12pm KO. United await the winners of the second Semi-Final.

Man of the Match goes to Joe Ward who worked tirelessly for 90 minutes and picking up the first goal of the game!