Hull United AFC – Hull's only community owned football club

Women's First Team V Alnwick Town Women

Looking to bounce back from last weeks narrow defeat, Hull United hosted Alnwick Town ladies the reverse fixture ended in a defeat for the ladies.

United lined up in there usual 4-3-3 formation, United’s goal keeping coach Sophie Adamson stepped up in goal after a 1 match ban was given to Cone for her sending off last week, they lined up with the same back 4, Suey Smith came back to the squad today after a lengthy time out, she slotted in the midfield, with Tate holding the 9 position. The first 10 minutes United were shaky and not the usual confident self’s. A scramble at the back post lead to the visitors going 1-0 up, United looking to reply sharply, passed the ball around and around giving the front 3 of Lisle, Tate and Damms plenty of opportunities. Newlove was introduced after the first 30. Tate saw a lapse in concentration of the Towns back four as she pinched the ball of the CB and calmly slotted the ball in the back of the net 1-1. Adamson pulled off a few cracking saves to keep the scores level. Until Town shortly added a second to the game after a well worked bit of play ended up in them scoring. Ibbotson was introduced and shortly after the half time whistle then went and United found themselves 1-2 down at half time.

Unchanged for the second half, United came out of the blocks again like they did in the first half shaky and out of confidence. Captain Holmes and CB Sharp did their best to jeer the team on. Town added a 3rd to their tally after an absolute rocket fired into the top corner from the Town winger giving Adamson no chance. A change of personal saw Groves introduced for Randall which allowed Newlove to slot into the RB position, Groves added plenty of chances, making decent play for the forwards. Smith dictated the midfield well keeping hold of the ball, making key passes and calming the play down. Despite their best efforts, Alnwick added there fourth and final to the game a well worked free kick saw the Town player head the ball into the back of the net. United finished the game off strong, making runs and chances which not one could be converted, they tested and tested the Town keeper but ultimately the game finished 1-4 to the visitors.

United go again next week with another home game to Sunderland West End, which last time ended in a narrow 3-2 defeat.